He continued: “The key is making sure you swap meat for other ingredients which provide important nutrients such as protein and iron.
“Add beans, nuts, tofu or meat substitutes like soya mince to your everyday, usual recipes for a well-balanced meal.
“After all, nutritionists say plant protein sources are leaner and a positive choice for you and the planet.”
Below are Rich’s top 10 tips on how to make an easy transition to eating vegetarian.
1. Focus on what you are going to eat – not what you can’t eat
2. Do Vegetarian Week with friends and family – it’s easier in a group
3. Prepare and plan ahead
4. Cook at home and take dishes to work for lunch, reducing the temptation of sights and smells
5. Get your friends and family on board to support you
6. Use salads, nuts and beans as snacks and for cooking
7. Try new recipes and dishes
8. Ask in restaurants if they can adapt your chosen meal
9. Look for vegetarian versions of your favourite dishes
10. Don’t give up!
Source: Read Full Article