Quick to prepare, healthy and delicious – when it comes to food, people in Germany seem to high claims. The least hold, however, shows a survey commissioned by the Federal government. So nine out of ten respondents that it matters to you when you eat on the health. Nevertheless, the dishes are ready according to the Federal food Minister, Julia Klöckner (CDU) in the Trend.
You want to reduce, therefore, together with the food industry, the content of sugar, fat and salt in ready-made products. However, it bring nothing to halve the sugar content of today on tomorrow, the CDU-politician. The healthier products threatened to become guardians then download. “In the end it will not bring all anything, if it tastes good,” said Klockner.
The main thing tasty
Because the taste is the current nutrition report, according to the most important criterion. After all, 99 percent of the respondents reported to place particular value. The half of the eighth on a simple preparation, a little further back the caloric content and price.
The annual food report is based on a representative survey by the opinion research Institute Forsa. Experience has shown that such surveys are prone to error, because when it comes to nutrition, people tend to give answers that are socially desirable .
Further results at a Glance:
- On meat want to the least without. Only one percent of the respondents to become vegan, after all, six percent eat vegetarian. Among the 14 – to 29-Year-olds, as compared to eleven percent. Almost every third (28 percent) eat every day meat or sausage.
- Between East and West Germany, there are visible differences: In the East, to eat according to their own figures, 43 percent of daily meat and sausage, in the West, only 26 per cent. On the other hand, 80 percent in the East, to eat fruit and vegetables daily, in the West, there are only 69 per cent.
- The Germans like to go shopping: 69 percent of respondents do their shopping several times a week in the supermarket. Only nine percent have in the past year, food home delivery. A little higher, the value was in large cities with more than 500,000 inhabitants. Here, the proportion was 15 percent.
- Many want to spend as little time as possible at the stove. After all, every Second is a quick and easy to prepare . This desire was especially in the 30 – to 44-Year-old high. Also a factor was the time when women have a greater role than in men. 55 percent pay for women a quick and easy preparation, are the men, 41 percent.
- Even if health care for the majority of the respondents plays a major role, accesses at least every Fifth day to sweets and snacks.
- After all, every Tenth was, never to cook. 77 percent are at least twice a week at the stove.
- The people in Germany like to eat away. After all, 73 percent visit at least once in a month in a Restaurant. Also canteens are popular. About every fourth employed takes advantage of this offer.
- Organic is the Trend: Each Second, the survey on the appropriate seal. This also applies to the question of whether a food was produced with fair or particularly animal-friendly conditions. The respondents also use the information on the content and supplementary materials (84 percent), origin (80 per cent) and to the date of minimum durability (79 percent), “important” or “very important”. How many are then actually also to the often more expensive organic products, not covered by the survey.